The Horatio Alger Association seeks to assist student who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, strength of character, financial need, a good academic record, commitment to purse a college education, and a desire to contribute to society.
Deadline: October 25, 2017
You will find a list of Scholarship Programs that will give out more than 1 million dollars to students in the 2016-2017 school year.
Deadline: Varies per scholarship
All qualified applicants will be considered for Ag Student of the Month. Scholarship recipients will be selected from the
monthly winners. To qualify, an applicant must:
1. Be a high school senior scheduled to graduate in 2018
2. Be a member of FFA or 4-H
3. Plan to pursue an agriculture-related college degree, such as agricultural business, ag economics or animal science
4. Reside in Texas Farm Credit’s 100-county territory
5. Submit a current high school transcript (official or unofficial)
6. Submit a 2018 application, resume, and essay by 4 p.m. Dec. 1, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
NOTE: Children of Texas Farm Credit employees or directors are not eligible.
Deadline: December 1, 2017
We are currently offering 2 types of scholarships, one easy Win free Tuition and a second new STEM scholarship.
This scholarship is open to students accepted to colleges in AUSTIN, COLLEGE STATION, OR DENTON, TEXAS, that have NOT signed off-campus housing leases. ** Please note: Texas Women’s University typically does not permit Freshman or Sophomore students to live off campus. the University of North Texas restricts Freshmen from living off-campus as well. Therefore, scholarship may be limited to upper-classmen at these universities.
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Texas Advance program include the University Leadership Network and Presidential Scholars. Scholarship awards are $20,000 ($5,000 a year for four years); that amount when combined with other federal and state aid, is enough to pay the entire cost of tuition, fees and books for students with significant financial need.
In order to qualify for consideration, students must:
- Submit a complete application for admission by Dec. 1.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by Dec. 1, 2017 for priority consideration, or not later than March 15, 2018.
Deadline: December 1, 2017 (priority) or not later than March 15, 2018
SFA is offering this remarkable scholarship to incoming freshmen who can demonstrate financial need and academic potential The Smith-Hutson Scholarship awards up to $17,500 a year for four consecutive years provided the student maintains the scholarship requirements.
Deadline: February 28, 2018
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the attributes of leadership, drive, integrity and citizenship;
- demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3/0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
- be citizens of the United States of america;
- be current high school seniors attending high school in the United States (students living on U.S. Armed Forces base and home-schooled students are also eligible), and
- plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the Untied States for the entire upcoming academic year.
Deadline: January 4, 2018
- Graduating High School Senior
- Meet high school unity requirements
- 3.0 or better GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or 90 or higher (on a 10 pt scale)
- Strong record of school and extracurricular actities
- Desire to grow and achieve great things
Deadline: November 20, 2017
- be admitted to the University
- be in the top quarter of their graduating class
- have a minimum score of 1310 (combined Math and Evidenced -Based Reading and Writing) on the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or a minimum score of 28 on the American College Test (ACT)
- have completed a balanced college preparatory program including history, science and a foreign language
- be a bona fide resident of the state of Texas
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Thanks to our generous donors, the Coastal Bend Community Foundation (CBCF) offers scholarships to students from over 100 funds. Over $440,000 in scholarships were awarded in 2017.
Scholarships are available only to students who graduated from a high school in one of the counties in the CBCF Service Area: Aransas, Bee, Jim Wells, Kleberg, Nueces, Refugio and San Patricio, as well as Willacy County.
Deadline: March 1, 2018
Our GPA requirement is Grit, Potential and Ambition.
- Grit by overcoming personal challenges in your life related to your family, school or community
- Potential by participating in college readiness programs and seeking out academic rigor
- Ambition by dreaming of obtaining a college degree
We’ll work with you to ensure you have the tools you need to complete college with a degree in hand.
Become a Dell Scholar, and we’ll help make sure you also become a college graduate.
Deadline: January 15, 2018
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Any student in grades 9-12 who is enrolled in a public, private or parochial high school or home study program in the United States.
- Maximum student age of 18 at time of local entry.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Applicant does not have to be related to a VFW or VFW Auxiliary member to participate, but the student must attend school in the same state as the sponsoring VFW Auxiliary.
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Qualifications of Eligibility:
- The applicant must be a Sinton High School graduating senior desiring to further his/her
- The applicant must have at least a 2.5 GPA and at least 90% attendance at the time the
application is submitted.
- An application must be completed and signed by the applicant. The applicant must
submit their application on the deadline date by the end of the school day to the
Sinton High School Counselors Office.
- Application must include three (3) teacher/community leader recommendations.
Deadline: April 2, 2018
Integrity, high standards, entrepreneurial spirit, good citizenship and education were the values that defined BURGER KING® brand co-founder James W. McLamore. It was those values that helped realize a dream and it is those same values that are the core of the BURGER KING McLAMORE℠ Foundation, which will continue to build on his legacy and his commitment to education.
This scholarship program is administered by Scholarship America®. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
Deadline: on or before December 15, 2017. If 50,000 applications are received prior to December 15, the application will no longer be available.
DISCOVER – CollegeCovered.com
$2,500 Scholarship Award is still available for eligible students and parents through December 31, 2017. Students and parents can enter by signing up to receive tips and resources on CollegeCovered.com. No purchase or loan necessary to enter or win.
Deadline: December 31, 2017