Sinton ISD is always looking for professional caring bus drivers. For more information please contact the Transportation office at 361-364-6854.
Here are some links to help you become a bus driver.
Here is the book for the bus drivers license. http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetforms/Forms/DL-7C.pdf
Tests are over sections for Bus: 1,2,3,4,5,10,11,12,13,14
Practice Tests and Apps
Study App for your phone:
- Android – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dto.ee.dmv.genius&hl=en
- Apple IOS – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dmv-genius-car-motorcycle/id513850893?mt=8
Website with practice tests: http://driving-tests.org/texas/
Flash Cards we created for studying
Pre Trip Videos
Brake System Components
Air Brake Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aieA3RZgJls&t=107s
Drug Testing Information
- Board Policy – DHE http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Code/1056?filter=DHE
- DOT Drug Testing – http://www.dot.gov/odapc/part40
- Tx Reporting of Results – https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/MCS-20.pdf
- DOT Drug & Alcohol Compliance – http://www.dot.gov/odapc/
- Drug longevity
Self Certification CDL Forms
- Drivers with Restriction P (NOT Endorsement P) are Category 2 on Form CDL-7 and do not have to submit a medical certificate each year but are RESTRICTED to ONLY driving school buses.
- Driver with NONE or who do NOT have a P RESTRICTION are Category 1 on From CDL-7 and DO have to submit a medical certficate each year to the DPS.
- You only have to self-certify 1 time or if you change your status.
- Drivers are allowed by DPS to renew their license up to 12 months BEFORE it expires. Drivers who may be going on medical leave should renew their license BEFORE they leave so that you will have 5 years to regain your medical certificate and full CDL status. Without a medical card you will lose your CDL status when you try to renew.
- If your license expires YOU MAY have to take ALL TESTS and the DRIVING test AGAIN so don’t let this happen.
- CDL-4 https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetforms/Forms/CDL-4.pdf
- CDL-10 https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetforms/Forms/CDL-10.pdf
Driving Record Info
Point System: https://www.dps.texas.gov/schoolbus/schoolBusDrvrRecEval.pdf Local Copy: schoolbusdrvrreceval
Bus Driver Re-certification Class Online (Requires Logon) – http://business.esc20.net/apex/idriveisd